2022 LESSON SCHEDULE NOW SET
- JULY 18th to 22nd – CANSAIL 1 and 2 – Morning and Afternoon classes now FULL
- NEW THIS YEAR – Women and Girls Only Classes JULY 18th to 22ND in the afternoon – FULL
- CANSAIL 3 and 4 lessons will be arranged on request – email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Family and Private lessons available on request – email email@example.com
email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info on these programs and to reserve a spot. We will open up formal registration in March.
Black Sturgeon Sailing Club offers a Learn to Sail program in a fun, safe environment for any age or ability. Classes are offered by professionally trained and certified Sail Canada instructors. The programs currently on offer are;
REGISTER Cansail 1 – Introduction to sailing which teaches sailors fundamental sailing skills, such as sheeting, steering and boat handling on all points of sail. Sailors can sail within defined boundaries set by an instructor.
REGISTER Cansail 2 – this level teaches sailors to adjust their bodies and boats for changes in direction and wind speed, while sailing, and to perform boat handling maneuvers in a controlled manner.
REGISTER Cansail 3 – Intermediate sailing -teaches sailors to integrate their fundamental boat handling maneuvers and balance with basic tactics and strategy, as well as apply sail trim. Sailors are exposed to a greater variety of conditions and participate in a club race or training camp.
REGISTER Cansail 4 – Advanced Sailing – teaches sailors to perform advanced boat handling maneuvers in a variety of conditions. Sailors can successfully execute maneuvers in competitive settings and for tactical and strategic purposes. Sailors participate in a one to two day regatta.
Introduction to Sailing, where the participant (up to 3 adult participants in the boat) will be taken out by an experienced sailor and “shown the ropes”. Cost and time on the water – please enquire
BSSC lessons consist of 3 hour daily sessions, held over five days. Lessons are offered for Adults and Kids. The student instructor ratio will be a max of 6 to 1.
Things to Bring
- PFD (we can supply, but folks are usually more comfortable in their own)
- change of clothes
- closed toe water shoes or runners that can get wet
- bathing suit
- shorts shirt or rain gear depending on weather
- hat and sunscreen, wind breaker or rain gear, depending on weather
- water bottle
- classes will go ahead rain or shine.